The proposal to increase the speed of the HCASH blockchain has been put forth, and is now open to voting.
There are a large number of active tickets ready to vote, however, compared to the number of tickets, only about 1% have actually made a vote. The details regarding voting for the current proposal are as follows:
Total valid tickets: 30,365
Voted tickets: 306
Voting participation percentage: ~1%
Affirmative votes: 306
Negative votes: 0
The proposal can only be approved if the following requirements are met:
a. votes that participate in proposal voting must be more than or equal to 75% of the total amount of live tickets.
b. votes that approve the proposal must be more than or equal to 75% of the votes that participate in voting for this proposal.
How to Vote on hcGUI
1. Log in to the hcGUI wallet and open the “Governance” page.
Click the “Under Vote” button to review and vote for any ongoing proposals. Only proposals in this category are open for voting.
Note: Clicking the “Create a Proposal” button will take you to https://autonomy.h.cash where users can create new and review previous proposals.
2. Review proposals
Clicking on any of these proposals will take you to the voting page. You can view all details of the proposal by clicking the link.
Note: Proposals in the “Under Discussion” category are not open for voting. Users can only review the details and status of these proposals.
3. If you have not created a HCASH Pool account, please visithttps://pool.h.cash. and do so.
Once you have an account, you can copy the API Key found under “Settings”, paste it into hcGUI and click “add”.
If you don’t have any valid tickets in your wallet, you will need to purchase at least one before you can vote. Click “Purchase Tickets” and you will be redirected to “Tickets” page.
Immature tickets need 512 block confirmations (approximately 21.33 hours) to become mature tickets. Please purchase tickets as least 24 hours prior to any proposal voting period ends if you would like to vote.
If you already have valid tickets in your wallet, click “YES” or “NO” to vote.
Your voting preference will be displayed after you vote.
How to Vote Using Command Lines
1. Update to the latest wallet version: <a href="https://github.com/HcashOrg/hcwallet/releases/tag/Release2.1.0" class="markup--anchor markup--p-anchor" target="_blank" style="background-color: transparent; text-decoration: underline; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-image: url("data:image/svg+xml;utf8,"); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px); font-size: 18px;">https://github.com/HcashOrg/hcwallet/releases/tag/Release2.1.0
2. Download hcAutonomyvoter: <a href="https://github.com/HcashOrg/hcAutonomy/releases/tag/v1.0.0" class="markup--anchor markup--p-anchor" target="_blank" style="background-color: transparent; text-decoration: underline; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-image: url("data:image/svg+xml;utf8,"); background-size: 1px 1px; background-position: 0px calc(1em + 1px); font-size: 18px;">https://github.com/HcashOrg/hcAutonomy/releases/tag/v1.0.0
3. Edit hcAutonomyvoter.conf and move file to:
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/HcAutonomyvoter
Note: Recommended hcAutonomyvoter.con configuration is as follows:
4. Edit hcd configuration file:
a. Input “%localappdata%” on command line
b. Open hcd folder (if no such folder, please launch hcd fisrt, folder will be automatically created)
c. Open hcd.conf to find “addrindex=1” and “txindex=1” (remove the “:”)
5. Launch hcd through the following command:
hcd — testnet -u admin -P 123
6. Launch hcwallet:
hcwallet — testnet -u admin -P 123 — hcusername admin — walletpass 123 — hcpassword 123
1. Get proposal information through the following command:
Meaning that this user has 9 valid tickets to vote for this proposal
2. Vote through the following command:
hcAutonomyvoter vote 8bdebbc55ae74066cc57c76bc574fd1517111e56b3d1295bde5ba3b0bd7c3f67 yes
Note: yes for approval and no for objection
Enter the private passphrase and wait for voting to be confirmed. Normally it takes less than 5 minutes.
3. Get voting status through the following command:
hcAutonomyvoter tally 8bdebbc55ae74066cc57c76bc574fd1517111e56b3d1295bde5ba3b0bd7c3f67